The Sweden Life

Following Jessica's adventures in Sweden, the home of pop!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

We only just got home! We spent the day shopping, eating and walking A LOT, as seems to be the custom on this holiday. We came back to the hotel until 9pm when we went out to see some of the Blues Brothers show, then we headed towards Frihamspiren where all the cool young Swedes go during the Kalaset. we had to cross over on a ferry which was literally full of kids, because there was an all-night disco in a big warehouse on the other side. I didn't go in but we looked in and I have to say it was rather lacking in excitement. It resembled a school disco with barely anyone dancing, although the music was rubbish rap rather than Cotton Eye Joe (and even that would be preferable). There was also beach volleyball, bungey jumping and a big stage where the rap group Looptroop (or Fruitloop as my dad kept calling them) were playing. I was not very impressed by the youth of Sweden's very tame form of partying, but there were far too many beautiful people for me to complain.

This is a ship I saw lit up nicely at the harbour:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home