The Sweden Life

Following Jessica's adventures in Sweden, the home of pop!

Saturday, August 21, 2004

It is now Lorsdag (Saturday) and I can say that NRJ In The Park was well worth all my excitement! It was held in the main square (Kunstradgarden, or something like that) in Stockholm and it was a lovely hot and sunny day. The show began with mainly small Swedish acts such as Superboy and Moe, but Da Buzz and Dhani (A-teen gone solo) were both good. Then I moved around to the other side and spotted the entrance to the backstage area, where stars were arriving and meeting fans. I saw Tess and Magnus from Alcazar, Gunther and the Sunshine Girls, the lovely Linda from Lambretta and Rachel Stevens and I waited for Darren but he got straight into his car. Darren, Alcazar, Lambretta, Ana and Natasha Bedingfield were the best performances. Hopefully Natasha is no.1 at home by now! She was the only English act who made any attempt to speak Swedish. Estelle asked people to put their hands up if they were born in the 1980s which most of the crowd clearly were, but the Swedes all looked around confused. She also sang her next single which sounds like even a video starring Lemar, Natasha B and Ms Dynamite won't save it. Here's a weird story: While getting hotdogs during Snook's performance of Mister Cool on Thursday I spotted an older Asian man in the queue to meet the stars singing along to all the words, then later I was amused to see him on stage winning a pink heart-shaped guitar. Then today I was watching Dhani on a big screen by the stage and guess who I saw in the front row? The very same man! I also bumped into him several more times this afternoon. It seems I have an elderly, pop-obsessed Swedish stalker to add to my collection. Funnily enough, this is not the first time I have been stalked by an A-teens fan in a foreign country. Very scary! I wouldn't like to think what might happen if I actually bought their CD.

Ana:



Alcazar:













Natasha Bedingfield:





Lambretta:



Rachel Stevens:







Darren Hayes:









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home