The Sweden Life

Following Jessica's adventures in Sweden, the home of pop!

Monday, August 16, 2004

It is 5:20am and so far the only Swedish I know is 'Mandag' (luckily it is Monday today) and 'lyssna' (listen), which will be useful for yelling at any annoying Swedes. I am surprisingly hyper for this time of day, but I do seem to thrive on tiredness. The excitement may also be cos I am going to SWEDEN - HOME OF POP! Or cos I am in the midst of my very own V Festival, much better than the real one because despite not being presented by Simon Amstell, it does actually involve V - lots of V! I had a last watch of my V DVD this morning including my favourite bit in the interview:
Q: What is the weirdest thing you can do with your body?
Mark: I can do an impression of a plum tree.
Aaron: With your BODY Mark!
Mark: Oh...
Which is a rather weird answer in itself. I've also been listening, rather appropriately, to Travel Girl by Hitch Hike. No sleep, no problem - Reading sunrise, I'm out.

Now I am at the airport and so far I have spotted 33 buff hotties and one man with a "trolleyed" t-shirt, which is more amusing than it's owner even imagined when you misread it as "troll eyed". Coincidentally, they have a troll shop in Stockholm, but I don't think I'll be visiting it. My mum says she feels sick from standing still too long in the check-in queue. How will she cope on a plane?!

I am now IN SWEDEN!! Everything is going well so far. Buff hottie no. 34 (I counted 36 in total - airports are THE best place for BH spotting) sat next to us on the plane. He was wearing an ace hat and had a scar under his eye so it looked like he had recently had it replaced. Perhaps he had to sell the original to get the money to fly home! He also had a pillow in his hand luggage which we decided was his 'snuggly' (ie. comfort pillow). Now I am in the hired car driving (well, my Dad is) to Stockholm. It is scary as we are on the wrong (or technically, right) side of the road and the car is weird too, so my Dad's usually good driving has gone a bit loony. We are listening to Swedish radio (Rix FM) and I heard a bit of the ace new Da Buzz song and a song in Swedish (I guess) which sounded like Peter Andre but worse! So not quite everything is better in Sweden.

I am sat on my bed listening to Rix FM and waiting for a programme about Melodifestivalen to come on. Our apartments are above a shopping centre, meaning I have already been in a CD shop! This is the life! And yay cos Sahlene is on the radio and she's very ace. Earlier I heard both new Alcazar songs in a row! Also good news is I might be going to see Darren Hayes (who is stalking me!) at NRJ In The Park on Saturday, if only I could find out what park exactly it is in. Alcazar, Lambretta, Da Buzz, Ana and Dhani are there too. So exciting!

Our room:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home